Specialty Liquid Fertilizer manufactured by Kugler
Its easy to get caught up in all of the fancy claims and marketing that numerous fertilizer manufactures can make. At Garber Coop, we look that the agronomics and recommend only products that provide the best ROI at the best value while feeding your crop what it needs.
GCA has access to the entire line of specialty fertilizers produced by Kugler. Please contact your Garber Coop Agronomist for more information.
Agronomist perspective on the Poly versus Orthophosphate debate.
- Orthophosphate is plant available where Polyphosphate needs to undergo a few reactions to become Ortho. The value of Orthophosphate fertilizer is realized when planting into soil temps that are below 55 degrees. Otherwise, the Poly to Ortho conversion process happens fairly quickly.
- Most fertilizers have a mixture of Poly and Ortho, but the ratio between the two can be quite different.
- Eventually, Ortho and Poly will reach and try to maintain equilibruim in the soil.
- Theoritically, there is no fertilizer that is 100% Orthophospjhate
Low Salt Fertilizer products are typically higher in price but do offer some distinct advantages.
- Low salt formulas allow for closer placement to the seed
- Usually have a higher concentration of Orthophosphate
- Are more highly refined and cleaner resulting in less plugging/clogging
- Are less corrosive so its easier on pumps, hardware and paint
- More formulations to tailor your analysis
Traditional High Salt Fertilizers, like APP 10-34-0, also have some distinct advantages
- Lower price point and usually cheapest form of liquid P2O5
- When soil temps are above 55 degrees
- When placement proximity to the seed in not a concern
Micronutrient packages are available to mix with all liquid starters.
- Cost effective method to add trace minerals to augment the plants needs
- Effective placement close to the seed making root interception more likely
- Not intended to correct low soil test values